Saturday, September 6, 2008

At the Mountains of Madness with tiny paint brushes


My beautiful collection of Ral Partha miniatures has long since disappeared with so many other things from my adolescent days, but lately I have been interested in painting miniatures again. I read in Make recently that Cory Doctorow had started up again after a long lapse and was inspired by both his admission and his attempt. But I have disappointed to see that Warhammer seems to dominate the market. Not that their product line isn't cool, but they all kind of look the same after a while. The pre-painted plastic miniature line from Wizards of the Coast are kind of a debacle and take all the real fun out of the hobby. And they have no weight, not like the terrific lead figures from the later 70s and 80s. So I have doing some searching for something a little off the beaten path and what did I discover but a wonderful line of miniatures for Cthulhu/Lovecraft games. Adventurers, vehicles, and of course, gods! And they are dread-tastic!

No comments: