Monday, January 11, 2010

Almost an annoucement

I have yet to make the official announcement that the book I am working on has been picked up by a publisher until I actually sign something (just a little superstitious), but I can tell you about some of the people I have interviewed that will be appearing in some form or another in its pages:

Rick Doblin, president and founder of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)

Wavy Gravy

Ken Babbs, former Merry Prankster

Jim Woodring, creator of Frank

Arik Roper, psychedelic illustrator and poster artist

Michael Moorcock

and many others...

Over the course of the next few months I will post quotes and notable anecdotes from these folks.

Here's a gem from Michael Moorcock as taste of things to come: "...Generally, however, I decided that recreational drugs were best just being used for personal enjoyment and that little insight into the workings of the world, at least as I understood them, could be acquired through their use. Far too much, in my view, was assumed to be some form of objective truth. I think we got a little illumination but a lot more sheer delight."

No comments: